10.9.10

Stuff that does the goings on in the what.

Or, what Evan has on his plate pending upcoming and about-to-occur.

So, with the 826DC images handed off to our AD, and Lisa's latest commission winding to a close, we find ourselves at the mercy of Looking for More Work. The great part is, we still have work to do between now and the future when we have more work to... do... well, you get the point.
  • Personally, I have to put the finishing touches on the Elephants' General, now that it's been back with me for a while.
  • Then, there's some more final touches to a couple other pieces waiting for their last dabs.
  • And of course, Illustration Friday's topic is "Proverb" this week. Maybe I'll actually DO it on time. : )
  • Maga Design might hand me more work next week at my new REALLY WELL PAYING rate. Might, though.
  • Our onsite design contract has us in, on and off, all month.
  • 826DC is going to have Lisa and I paint some of our animals into their museum mural in a week or so. Woo!
  • I should do another Steampunk Hedgehog painting and plot out a decent story arc to write up and make them into a book. Shop it around.
  • Probably need to work on some more Etsy Shop bookplate designs when I have a sketching moment.
  • My participation in the Sketchbook Project is also needed... I've got a few pages in, now, thanks to 826DC.
  • I'd really like to find some new work and do that, too. 'Cause I'm a masochist of scheduling. Seriously, though--deadlines keep me working, and force me to actually get shit done instead of procrastinating... or doing laundry... or taking a walk... or browsing the interwebs.
And of course, in October, Lisa and I are heading out to SF and Seattle for 11 days... so much needs doing before then.

Though in terms of having relax-time, we went to a really nice going away party for a friend last night in Georgetown. She'll be in Chapel Hill, NC for 6 months and we will miss her. Speaking of, if you know anyone renting down there... here housing fell through, and she could really use a place to sublet or rent. Contact me if you have any info!

No comments:

Post a Comment